Sunday, August 8, 2010

Simplicity 2609

#17
I've wanted to make a skirt for myself since last year when Katie began our sewing group at church. I've had several learning experiences, but no wearable finished product until yesterday.
I like the pattern. I originally intended to make view A, but when I read the pattern and realized how many pieces of fabric I would have to cut out and sew together . . . . . I re-thought my plan. Both my favorite skirts are A-line's. I would like to sew one with a zipper . . . . I have several other patterns in mind, but for now this one was right at my skill level. It is white cotton gauze from Joann's, which is rather sheer, so I lined it with muslin. I sort of wish I'd chosen a lining fabric instead, but hindsight is always 20/20. I've been looking for a white skirt this summer. Most of what I have seen in the store has been ankle length, which I wasn't really interested in. I thought I would make one, since I couldn't find what I was looking for.

If you are thinking of making your first skirt . . . give this pattern a try!

Next up is that "back to school skirt" on my list

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Did you make view E? Were you excited to get dressed today? It is thrilling to have a wearable finished project.

    ReplyDelete