Birthday IOU to my youngest daughter? (Fulfilled!)
Upcycled PJ's to doll bathrobe?
I couldn't decide, so I am just going to call it what it is. McCalls 5019 view B.
![]() |
| Mom . . . do you recognize this fabric? |
My daughter picked a pair of handed down pj's to make into this bathrobe. She chose the pattern, too. It's fun to break up what I want to sew with something I didn't choose every now and then. Hopefully, it will get lots of use & the recipient will know I love her. (The child, not the doll).
This pattern is written for a woven but this version is knit. The trickiest part was figuring out which way to place the contrast fabric around the front opening before attaching the facing. I folded the striped fabric in half (wrong sides together) so it became double sided. Then, I basted it to make sure it was going the right direction before sewing. Once again, basting was my friend.
I had no other issues with the pattern. While I probably will not make another one, (girls growing up and not needing/wanting dolls) I would use this pattern again. I made view C a couple of years ago for another daughter, and that worked well too.
Probably there were many options I could buy for her that would work, but I feel happy I made something instead.With a dollar pattern sale and free fabric, it's a pretty unbelievable price too.
Happy stitching!

No comments:
Post a Comment