Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend, "Vintage" Quilt & giveaway winner


My family + 1 helper tying the quilt

Helpers who got it done
This weekend some friends helped me finish the "Vintage" quilt. It was made as a donation to Camp Calumet, in Freedom, NH. I worked there in college one summer and they have a conference center with new cabins. I though quilt tying would be a great activity for the 1990's staff reunion . . . so I made the quilt and had others help me tie it. I did not get a really great quilt photo--my own lack of planning and the 5+ inches of rain that came down while we were there. (Oh well, lesson learned--take pictures while the sun is shining).

I needed the backing wider so I added some randomly sized strips--my favorite part.

Despite the rain, we had a great time meeting up with old friends and enjoying beautiful country.

Megan wins the mask pattern giveaway.

This weekend I get to go to a fitting class taught by a master tailor, so I am looking forward to that--hope it will increase my motivation for clothing sewing.


(Top two photos courtesy of Amy Gillam Photography)

1 comment: