Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stitched this week

Another baby hat. Seersucker and chambray. It is so soft!!!!!
My favorite part? how the brim lined up on this side

Both of my boys' heads grew quite fast. (They were both off the charts for head circumference at one point in their lives). So, I made this baby boy hat TOO big. I told the recipient she can trade for a smaller version if she wants.
Cute, but bigger than intended . . . note the forts in progress in the background
 One of my kid's teachers knows that I sew. She asked if I could sew wagon covers. Five of them. It isn't very complex, it is simply making a casing on each end of a large piece muslin, big enough for a half a hula hoop to fit through. She will attach them to each group of 5 or 6 desks, to let them experience what a covered wagon would be like. I asked her where she got the muslin, our school district sells 36 in wide muslin for about $1.40 a yard, a pretty good deal.

I made the first this week and it turned out well. It is nice to be able to help her out from home. Hopefully a picture of this in a couple of weeks--I think they are going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. I like so much this baby hat. Its design and fabric is very ice as well as Its looks great.

    Peter Pilotto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to wear hat. I have great collection of hats. You share nice hat with us. I like this hat shape and fabric so much. Its too good post.

    gifts for boys

    ReplyDelete