Saturday, October 8, 2011

Stitch Every Day--Week 40 & 41

I am combining weeks again. Yes, it's because there isn't a lot of progress in one of the weeks. I do have 10 lovely finished dishcloths to show for all my "stitching" lately, but not as much progress in the sewing arena. It begins to pick up in Week 41--skip ahead.

Week 40
M Knitting during "Lucy" rerun. Great date activity with my husband.
T Stitched a muslin bodice for the Music Box Jumper. Don't want any surprises this time. I think it's going to fit.
W More knitting.
TH

(All I wrote last week. I did stich every day, but just didn't feel like writing "more dishclothing knitting once again").
 

Week 41
M Knit to "Lucy." What can I say? We watch one every night.

T Bit the bullet and cut the fabric for a dress for my daughter. She has no long sleeve Sunday dress options and I can't deny summer is over any longer. I stay-stitched the neckline pieces and sewed the bodice.
Later, at 11 pm when all was quiet in my house and I couldn't sleep, I basted the pleats for the front of the skirt.

W and TH More knitting.

FR Realized my "not stitching" with my machine is because I don't like cutting . . . . which was the next step. When will I get over cutting fabric?
After I got over it today, I worked on the back skirt of my daughter's dress. Painstakingly slow--but I made progress. And, it's easier than last time I sewed this dress (a year ago).

SA I am 2/3 of the way done with the dress. A little more handstitching tonight--hemming and attaching a yoke facing. Buttonholes will have to wait until next week.

Enjoy your Sabbath--pictures of a finished project next week!
(And bonus points, b/c it is straight from my 2011 goals).

No comments: