My kids are getting out of school in only weeks, so I better plan my summer sewing before my brain disappears.
M I traced and cut out Simplicity 2339. (My love of the Liverpool is not lovey at the moment, so I am trying another button up shirt). I made no pattern adjustments and started sewing . . . it was a muslin made from my former dust ruffle after all . .. . and I found out I need some pattern adjustments. What was I thinking?).
Back to
T Traced and recut Simplicity 2339.
Cut one size larger.
Lowered the bust dart.
Shortened the bodice one inch.
Added some width at the waistline.
Knit dishcloths.
W Knit dishcloths
TH Began sewing a dress for my daughter's friend.
FR Finished the dress.
Bought more muslin because I am OUT.
SA Stitched version 2 of Simplicity 2339. The length and width are much better. The bust darts are too low. I checked the Reader's Digest book for how to measure bust point, and I didn't do it how they did. I have a new number to try again on Monday. Incidentally, I tried on the Liverpool muslin again. It isn't so bad--I like the V of the neckline better--I will probably frankenpattern it with Simplicity 2339 someday.
I think version 3 will be workable.
No comments:
Post a Comment